Wednesday 22 June 2011

As sweet as honey? I think not!

I may be under the misapprehension that the following two points are true statements:

1. Nectar is 'sweet', and
2. The purpose of direct marketing is to sell customers products that they need and WANT!

Back in March I wrote an article explaining that the reason why a significant proportion of entrants do not finish Trailwalker UK each year, was not due to a lack of fitness, motivation or effort, but something far more sinister. The posting can be found at the following link:

http://bit.ly/mThIif

Now, I am not suggesting that I believe in conspiracy theories and would strongly deny that I am paranoid (My doctor does actually think that I am paranoid! Not that he's actually told me to my face, but I know that he's thinking it!) but I believe that somebody is watching me.

It started when a certain person fairly close to me suggested that I might not be able to get into my 'large' Trailwalker T-shirt. Since then, despite eating 'virtually' nothing (but 'actually' quite a lot) my weight has not reduced an ounce!

So Imogen my pleasure, when... (Apologies, that sentence is still subject to a super injunction, so please ignore)

So imagine my pleasure (not!) when this morning I received an email from the, not so sweet, Nectar folks, which said..."Make your points balance grow this June with great offers selected for you".

So far so good! I wonder what the top item on their 'selected' and 'personal' list might be?

"1,500 points when you join Sainsbury's Diets!"

Thank you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment