Tuesday 18 January 2011

Be careful what you wish for!

There have been times in recent weeks when after a period of [what I call] exercise (e.g. lifting a pint of beer, raising my legs whilst someone hoovers underneath them etc etc) my body starts to ache and I wonder whether I'll ever get fit enough for the 2011 #Trailwalker UK Event. It is at times like this that I occasionally think, "...I wish I was as fit as when I was 18/19 years old."

Well yesterday, whilst at work, when reading an email I wondered why certain key words appeared to be missing from the body of the text, only to quickly realise that they weren't, it was just that I couldn't see them!
I was starting to have my first migraine headache in about 31/32 years - the last one being when I was about 18/19 years old - which I have just now slept off.

However, I am left with a head so fuzzy that it feels as though I have been at an all night party*. But I haven't...unless I've also started sleepwalking!

So, as I say "...be careful what you wish for!"

This is similar to the story of the married couple, both 60 years old, who were celebrating their 35th wedding anniversary. During their party a fairy appeared, congratulated them and granted them one wish each. The wife wanted to travel around the world. The fairy waved her wand and POOF - the wife had tickets in her hand for a world cruise.
Next, the fairy asked the husband what he wanted. He said, "I wish I had a wife 30 years younger than me." So the fairy picked up her wand and POOF - the husband was 90!

I believe that that is actually a true story...

* N.B. -  if you had an all night party last night and some groaning 50 year old guy, wearing only his P-J's & holding his head, managed to gate-crash it, please let me know via this blog.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment