Tuesday 25 January 2011

Trailwalker UK Theme Tune Poll - very "spooky" results

After a week of frenzied (hah!) voting, the results are now in:-

3rd most popular song - "I'm walking on sunshine" - Katrina and the Waves
2nd most popular song - "These boots were made for walking" - Nancy Sinatra

And the winner is....

"I would walk five hundred miles" - The Proclaimers!!

Now, before I get inundated (chance would be a fine thing!) with comments from Proclaimers' fans, I should point out that the actual song title was in fact "I'm Gonna Be (500 miles)", but there is I believe a more sinister fact that needs to be highlighted.

The Proclaimers, are in fact twin brothers Charlie & Craig Reid from Leith in Scotland.

which isn't the spooky fact....but this is...

If you use the RAC Route Planner, and enter the journey from Leith to the start of the Trailwalker UK walk (Queen Elizabeth Park, Postcode PO8 0QE) it will show the distance as 705km.

If you then add the 100km distance of the walk itself you end up with a total distance of 805km.

I'm sure you will have guessed the answer by now, but, extremely spookily, if you convert 805km....it works out at exactly FIVE HUNDRED MILES!!!

So a random poll, open to the world, produces a winning tune, the lyrics of which includes the line "...I would walk 500 miles" which is the exact distance that the singers of that song would have to walk from their home to the finish line of Trailwalker UK on Brighton Racecourse.

It therefore goes without saying that my next poll will be for the Top 6 songs containing any number fro 0 to 49!!!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment