Monday 17 January 2011

If cleanliness is next to godliness...does that mean that fitness can't come after fatness?

OK you can call me pedantic (large cries of "You're pedantic!" instantly heard all across the blogosphere) but if cleanliness really is next to godliness, then my version of the dictionary is over burdened with a whole raft of words between C and G, that apparently have no meaning. Which won't come as welcome news to the employees at a well known UK Building Society!

Bizarrely, this would also include the word "dictionary", so if that has no actual meaning then maybe there isn't an issue after all.

I hope you're all keeping up with these inane ramblings, because there'll be questions later!

As for these questionable "in-between" words, I had hoped that "fitness" (i.e. Desired future state) would follow "fatness" (i.e. Regrettable current state), but if the ancient saying is to be believed, then this is unlikely to happen.

However, I will have to find a solution to this problem as having tried the 'Haircut Diet' at the weekend, I can now report that it was rubbish, and I lost no weight at all.

Now admittedly, I didn't have too much hair to start with, so any weight loss was always going to be minimal. In addition, having undertaken further research I have discovered that you would need to cut your whole head off if wanted to lose somewhere between 6 and 10 pounds, (the precise weight clearly dependent upon the size of one's head - and my head is large) so maybe I'll have to come up with an alternative strategy!

However, whilst I think about that, how do you think the saying "...running around like headless chickens" relates to the above?

Just a thought - but only just!

* due to items above in bold I am looking for a new self publicist!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment