Wednesday 27 April 2011

Outfit for the Royal Wedding day exposed!!

Much is being written about what a "certain person" will be wearing on the 'Big Day' & whether or not the weather will remain fine and unseasonably sunny.

It appears as though little is known about the former, although the odds on the latter are getting longer and longer as the day approaches.
Sorry! this picture has nothing to do with this post whatsoever!
Well, I can now put everyone out of there misery and announce details of what a certain person will be wearing on the 'Big Day'.

I will be wearing "white" - just in case there was any doubt as to whether or not I would - probably in the form of a "wicking" - as opposed to a "wicked" - t-shirt.

As for length, I will keep my options open with grey lightweight walking trousers (a strange description, as on their own they don't walk anywhere under their own steam!), which have the option of being converted, via zips above the knees, into shorts.

(Presumably, if you are a hiking 'Mason', you also have the option of unzipping one leg only, which would come in handy if you ever had to walk to your own initiation ceremony!)

Footwear, will be in the form of well worn, but comfortable Asics trainers - as I have not yet "broken in", or in fact worn at all - either of the two pairs of boots that I have specifically bought for  both the training and for the "Event" itself.

Blisters will be avoided again (hopefully) by the use of double layer walking socks, and unlike a certain amusingly named Trailwalker team from (quite aptly) "down under", I will not be "Chafing for charity"!

The whole "ensemble" will be topped off with a grey fleece, if cold, plus waterproofs, if very wet.

So there you have it - after months of speculation - my "right royal outfit" is announced!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment