Sunday 10 April 2011

TUNES don't make you walk more easily!

Unfortunately the team suffered from a case of "TUNES" today...

Rob, had a sore Throat, and complained that it felt as though he had swallowed a handful of needles! For those of us that know Rob, this is actually not totally implausible, as has been documented previously he will eat almost anything. So he couldn't walk.

Pete, was Unavailable, but has most probably put in more training than any of us to date.
So, that just left Matt & I to walk. My kNee was playing up a bit, but I decided to walk anyway, and then Matt had to pull out as he'd woken up with an Ear infection and kept falling over (although personally it think it was the drink!).

Tempting as it would have been to go back to bed, I decided to walk alone, and did a "quick'ish" 21km along the Downs Link in just under 3 hours. This time was achievable mainly because: -
  1. The Downs Link is flat, and 
  2. Even I got bored with my own company, so couldn't wait to finish & decided to jog part of the route!*
* Note to self - "Don't jog!" - Podiatrist appointment is now booked for this Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment