Tuesday 12 July 2011

Fate or fortune?

With apologies to any religious types, but for a bit of fun I thought I'd undertake an 'on-line Tarot reading' (first and last time I promise) whilst I thought of our Trailwalker Challenge this weekend.

The first card that I drew out was the Six of Swords & the system produced the following "meaning", and I have highlighted in red the main points:


"...The card in the Self position reveals aspects of how you perceive yourself right now.

When the Six of Swords is in this position, (1) you are proving that you possess the skills to navigate challenging waters. You have equipped yourself with the tools and sensitivity to feel your way through obscure circumstances.

This card is traditionally called "science," referring to a cultivated grasp of the Laws of Nature and how to use them. You are able to feel the currents, tides and trends in this situation. Like a master sailor handling a boat, you are able to (2) take advantage of forces at work and set your sails to take you to your goals. A combination of scientific skills and trained intuition promises to work well for you.


The second card I selected was 'Temperance'. (Now I know that I said that I was going to detox three months before Trailwalker but I think I must really have meant three days!)

The system again produced the following "meaning", to which I have added more judicious highlighting.

"...The situation's call for transformation or awakening is being 
answered.

The card that lands in the Situation position refers to (3) social or circumstantial factors which could be affecting your life at this time.

The (4) Angel of Healing has been called in and the medicine is being mixed. Everyone intrinsically understands that healing will bring revolutionary change. It is time to let go of old viewpoints.

The problem has been largely associated with clinging too closely to the past. However, past issues will be (5) laid to rest once there is resolution. Significant objectivity will result as the group raises its awareness."

The third card was the 'Three of Swords', which was described as follows:



"...Intervene in the face of hostility, summoning up the courage others may be lacking.

The card that lands in the Challenges/Opportunities position refers to ways that you can turn (6) obstacles into stepping stones.

With the Three of Swords in this position, your unique point of view can help lower the stakes in the current situation and possibly even create a dialogue to help move out of the tension. It (7) takes a brave soul to remain optimistic in the face of the storm. You may be able to help salvage some harmony from a stressful situation.

Apparently you are the one available person who has the skill and ability to facilitate better communications. Don't hold yourself back simply because the situation is tense and frightening. Maybe there is something you can contribute that will smooth things out a bit.



To cut a long reading short...
  1. It's going to rain so much that we may need a boat;
  2. The wind is also going to blow...but in the right direction;
  3. Social and circumstantial factors could affect my life? Of course they bloody will, I'm going for a very long walk with two and a half thousand other people! How couldn't this affect my life!
  4. The 'Angel of Healing'? That'll be Teresa with the Compeed!
  5. I am taking "...laid to rest" to mean "Having a rest". Hope that's OK Mr Tarot. After this is over I will have a very long rest....just not quite as long as you might be implying!
  6. If there is likely to be as much rain as 'The Cards' are suggesting, there will be puddles. If there will be puddles, I know of at least one team who will slip in them. Namely the 'Haslemere Normans'. It appears, that I may turn such obstacles into stepping stones. As if I would!
  7. Our soles (I hear you cry) are indeed brave, but enough of the continuous talk of storms!
But will the cards be true? Only one way to find out!!!!

    1 comment:

    1. Request permission to complain. Nowhere in the Trailwalker brochure does it mention puddles. Now we're very afraid!
      Love, The Haslemere Normans x

      ReplyDelete