Wednesday 6 July 2011

Whatever the weather!

Whatever the weather will be will help to determine whether or not you are able to weather the weather and...OK enough now.

All I want to say in this posting (although I will waffle on as usual) is that the weather may be a significant factor on our Trailwalker weekend success.

As I may have mentioned once or...forty six times in this blog over the last six months, we have yet to encounter a drop of the wet stuff (and by that I only mean rain) in our training walks to date.

As we all know, weather forecasting in the UK is "allegedly" remarkably inaccurate. But is it really?

With less than 10 days to go, I thought I'd chart four long range forecasts for the weather at the Trailwalker half way point - Washington - to see how they change between now and next Friday evening.

The 4 chosen long range forecasts are these:

Weather.com
Metcheck.com
Net weather.tv, and
Wap.weather.co.uk

Their results are as follows as at 7:30 am on 7/7/11 for Saturday 16/7/11:

Weather.com - Max 20 degrees; Min 13 degrees; Chance of rain 60%; Description - Light rain
Metcheck.com - Max 12 degrees; Min 11 degrees; Chance of rain N/A; Description - Sunny spells
Netweather.tv - Max 18 degrees; Min 13 degrees; Chance of rain 20%; Description - Sunny spells
Wap.weather.co.uk - Max 19 degrees; Min 13 degrees; Chance of rain 60%; Description - Light rain

I am proposing to treat the above information in pretty much the same way as I do when I go to a restaurant. My temperature "starter" was quite nice, albeit a little too hot. (Maybe a little less chilli powder?) My main course is going back to the kitchen, because it certainly wasn't what I ordered. And my dessert could be improved as it was over all too soggy for my liking.

Let's see how they fare tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment