Monday 7 February 2011

The most welcoming village in the world

As mentioned in my previous posting I drove to North Wales today and on my way passed through a small iron age village which has to be the most welcoming in the world (to me at least!) and whilst somewhat formal in their messaging - Not even a "Mr" Helsby or Paul, just "Helsby" - it did nothing to lesson the "personal touch"!

On approaching the village, the first welcoming sign appeared...

Then as I drove on further and the road straightened, news of my previous speeding fines had seemingly reached the village elders, who had very kindly put another sign out for me reminding me to take care...

Whilst this was clearly helpful, some of the information brought back memories that I had wanted to remain hidden. My disastrous foray into the pop music business, where I had failed to create the male equivalent of that famous 90's girl band was commemorated by the following reminder...

...and as I came to the outer edge of the village one further sign appeared which potentially could tempt me to return...

If it comes to a choice between a Trailwalker training weekend and my own personal Beer Festival in my own Sports Hall, it could be a hard choice!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment