Friday 4 February 2011

Reincarnation proven - Fact!

Generally, I have to see or experience something, to actually believe it.

For example, 
  • I DO believe in flying saucers (another story) and 
  • I DON'T believe that Elvis is still alive.
However, I now believe in reincarnation!

The proof, which would not have been as obvious to others as it was to me, occurred this afternoon at work.

A colleague asked "Does anybody know how to make Pavlova?"

Now, had there been monitoring equipment set up to measure the reaction time between the question finishing and my response, it would have determined that the delay was little more than a fraction of a nanosecond, before I responded, "The key ingredient is vinegar".

My colleague laughed. "Vinegar?" she replied with incredulity.

"Yes, it's to stop the meringue from totally hardening."

Another colleague then interjected, "Paul's totally right..."' before I went on to give further advice on whether it was acceptable to use an electric whisk from the start to beat the egg whites or whether this should be done by hand first.

Nothing particularly peculiar you might think (if you know nothing about me) but for those that do, whilst I can follow a recipe....for toast, creative cookery (i.e. That which does not solely rely on the ability to place a ready cooked meal in a microwave), is not exactly my forte...or even fiftay!

So it is clear that I am in fact the reincarnation of a French chef, whose skill and knowledge has lain dormant for the last fifty years. I'm not exactly sure who I was, but having done a little research there are a couple of candidates.

I believe that I am either the reincarnation of Georges Blanc, of the infamous culinary Blanc family, who died in 1959 or Caesar Cardini, who invented the 'Caesar' Salad.

Given that Caesar wasn't greatly known for his deserts, I guess I must be the re-incarnation of Georges Blanc! It is quite bizarre how things turn out, because there was a baby girl born shortly after the death of Georges and some months before me who may have been able to make more use of his skills...a certain Nigella Lawson!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment