Tuesday 24 May 2011

Trailwalker goes on despite Harold Camping!

It is possibly fair to say that I may have been a little bit hasty this weekend. Not that I'd want anyone to think that I was in any way gullible or anything like that, but I thought that it was an opportune time (seemingly) to have a bit of a clear out. 

I had it on good authority that after 6pm on 21 May 2011, there were many things that simply would not be necessary.

So it was that I decided to throw out what had previously been valuable possessions. Share certificates; premium bonds; diaries; calendars. All went! Pending tray; To-do lists; project plans. Up in flames! Clocks; watches; timers. Smashed to smithereens!

Due to the annihilation of all time-keeping devises, it turned out that it wasn't until somewhere around 9pm that I realised that I may have "jumped" the proverbial "gun".

As far as I knew I had been acting on the instructions of an "expert" in his field, who, as far as I was aware, had only ever been proved wrong once in his entire career before.

Harold Camping's only previous small error occurred when he predicted that the world would end on 6 September 1994. If you hadn't noticed - it didn't.

Nor, as it seems, did it end on Saturday. Although, no doubt for some poor souls in the world it did. In fact given that approximately 6,000 people die every hour, somewhere in the world at 6pm on Saturday, 100 people's last brief thought may have been "Well, what do you know Harold Camping was right!". And then they died!

So it looks as though Trailwalker UK 2011, will go ahead as planned, although I now need a new stop-watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment