Sunday 8 May 2011

Whoa, we're going to Barbados!

Actually, I'm not going to Barbados, I'm going to Nuneaton, but that wasn't such a good headline, and the lyrics to that 1975 classic (?) sort of work (OK they don't really!)


I look up the sky and I see the clouds.
I look down at the ground and I see the rain go down the drain.
Fly away on Coconut Airways
fly me high
Nuneaton sky.

Woh
I'm going to Nuneaton
woh backa to the palm trees

Far away from London Town and the rain
It's really very nice to be home again...etc, etc, etc



However, Nuneaton is far away from London Town, and does have a Palm Tree avenue, so there are obviously some similarities with Barbados, and, and....they both have three syllables, and, and...OK that's most probably about it.

However, the one thing that Nuneaton really does have, is the Queen's Gurkha Regiment, and hopefully we will be spending some time with them next Saturday.

The only somewhat disconcerting thing about this is that I have just discovered that the Gurkhas ancient motto is...
"...It is better to die than to live a coward..."
Hopefully they won't read my blog about giving up after 44 miles because our feet were a little bit blistered!

No comments:

Post a Comment